Customer Accounts with Prefilled Wise KYC
Make onboarding new users easier by sending portion of required customer data upfront via API.
Our partner integrations require customers to become Wise users in the process of connecting their account to Wise. This is an initial one time setup during which customers enter their personal and business details, which is a manual process. Integrating partners might also have collected some or all onboarding data required by Wise. The Onboarding API is designed to speed up customer onboarding onto Wise, by leveraging the data that integrating partners have already collected from them. This results in an onboarding experience where customers only need to review a series of pre-filling forms instead of filling them in from scratch.
We've created a postman collection that follows along the same flows as documented below. Please use this to test your integrations. Host environment variable is
In the collection, we have done a few things to make life a bit easier:
- Included our sandbox environment, where you can fully test your integration.
- Included a set of the common calls required to create new users and profiles.
- Included tests that automatically copy details from previous calls to environment variables.
- Examples of successful call results for quick reference.
All of these additions should allow you to easily test through the entire flow with minimal efforts.
We recommend as well that you fork the collection. This allows you to receive updates and bug fixes as they become available.Fork in Postman
An example customer journey
Sequence diagram of the flow
T1 - Client Credentials Token
T2 - User Token
- Creating a User (1)
- Creating Profiles (2)
- Redirecting the customer to claim the account (3,4)
- Ongoing access based on your integration type (5,6)